суббота, 17 марта 2012 г.

VisualSVN server: How to change Repository's root without reinstalling

Greeting everyone!

Today, terrible situation was happened to me.
My VisualSVN server not found path to root of repository. It means I lost access to all my source code of whole my projects. :(

By analyze, I found that It happened because I use external hard drive like root of repositories...
My windows was changed disk Name to a new value (e.g. L character) today..
Therefore, when VisualSVN tries to get root of repositories it can not find one because of old path contains previous disk name.

Much more easy way:
1. Open VisualSVN Server Manager
2. Right-click on root node and select properties
3. Change repositories location on general page
4. Click OK 


I've found 2 ways how to take this situation in my hands:

First one: change disk name to old letter.
For this one we should go to windows management and change it using Disk Management functionality.

Second one: change old path in windows register.
So, for this case, we should invoke "regedit" from run line and then using searching (Ctrl+F and F3 keys)  find and change old value.

Finaly: restart VisualSVN server application (close/open it)

Thanks for your attention :)

2 комментария:

  1. Much more easy way:
    1. Open VisualSVN Server Manager
    2. Right-click on root node and select properties
    3. Change repositories location on general page
    4. Click OK

    ОтветитьУдалить